Thursday 13 November 2014

Top 10 MAC products.

Okay, so I’ve decided to give this blogging thing a go after about four years of talking about how much I wanted to do one and that I was too busy or too afraid of what people would think or what if what I say doesn’t really matter and people laugh at me but now that I’m older and (seemingly) wiser at twenty three years of age my attitude is simply .. ‘sure why not’.
This blog is mostly going to be about fashion, makeup and beauty, perhaps the odd personal note or funny musing and even if the only reader is my mam at least I tried right? (It also gives me a valid justification to my parents to show that I am using my MacBook that was bought for me for college) J.
I get asked by family and friends all the time about my makeup (something that my four year stint working for MAC has helped me perfect) and  I always get asked what I think the best products are from MAC. Although I don’t work for them anymore I still consider myself a MAC girl for life so I’m only now branching out and using other brands like Ingot etc., but for all the MAC lovers out there I’ve decided that my first post is going to be my top products that you absolutely without a doubt HAVE TO HAVE, from MAC.

Number 1……


 Shy girl/Kinda sexy/Velvet teddy lipsticks.
These are my favourite nudes ever. They all have a hint of peach in them (love a warm tone me) and I have never ever seen these colours look bad on anybody (special shoutout to kinda sexy). If you can’t afford all three and your budget allows you just one, it has to be ‘kinda sexy’.

 


Number 2……

Pearl highlighter
Oh my god, if MAC stopped making this I’d cry rivers every single day. I have oily enough skin but like everybody out there, still like a dewy complexion without looking like I dipped my face into a frying pan of grease so this is perfect. I normally just apply it at the top of my cheekbones with my finger so when the light catches it, people genuinely mistake me for J.lo.  It’s creamy so it can be slightly tricky to use but once you master it, your face will go from being dull to dazzling. (CRINGE)


 


Number 3……


Stripdown lip liner
Okay, I’m going to do a thing where I try and not mention Kylie Jenner everytime I mention lips but seriously this lip liner is a godsend. The reason I like it so much is that it’s strong enough to define your lips without it being brown but it’s not too pale that you can’t see it. It’s the perfect nude lipliner. I wear it every day with lipsticks like I mentioned above and even on its own with some lip balm for a more natural look.
 
Number 4…..


Painterly paint pot.

Oily eyelids please pay attention; this is literally the solution to creasy eyeshadow. Basically a creamy primer like eyeshadow base that’s a neutral colour that stops your shadows from moving and the colour payoff is way stronger too. The paint pots come in other colours aswell (check groundwork and quite natural) but ‘painterly’ is the most neutral one. I would never dare to leave the house without it on my eyes my eyeshadow would literally be gone in twenty minutes.


 


Number 5……


Cork eyeshadow and texture eyeshadow.
I normally don’t wear a lot of colour on my actual eyelid except for my trusty painterly, so I would normally put muted soft tones in my socket line (or crease line) and these tones would normally of the soft brown family. Warm brown tones bring out the colour of my eyes and they don’t look too dark or heavy on but you can still see that you’re wearing actual colour.
 


Number 6……


Feline eyepencil
All I can say about this is ’black black blaaaaack’ . The blackest eyeliner known to man. Perfect for smokey eyes, perfect for smudging, perfect for staying on. That is literally all I can say.


Number 7….


Number 36 eyelashes.
Hi I’m Ciara and I have a massive false lash addiction. No matter how bad of a day you’re having, false lashes (if worn correctly) can make you look a million times better and they truly get no better and fluffier than MAC eyelashes in number 36. They’re brown so they don’t look that false and have a slight kick out at the end to lift your eye shape. They’re also the best lashes to be worn when doing winged out eyeliner.



Number 8……


Diva lipstick.
I know this is my second lipstick entry however this is more of a vampy winter colour. If you like to wear nudes a lot then this is a nice one to change it up. If you have the confidence to that is. It’s the perfect deep wine shade and it’s also matte so it doesn’t budge. I wear it with vino lip liner to make sure it doesn’t budge.




Number 9…..


Medium Deep mineralize bronzer.
Best shade ever for bronzing/contouring. Not too faint and not too strong. It’s soft and blends so easy. It warms up your face in an instant and stops you from looking like a ghost. Keep in mind this should only be applied under the cheekbone and on the temples and NOT all over your entire face. It’s a bronzer remember, not a face powder.





Number 10


Mac reflects glitter in reflects pearl

Now this is quite selfish as I know a lot of people may not be into glitter, but being a girl and especially as we approach the festive season it’s the only time I can wear it and not look like a ten year old. Reflects pearl is a beautiful tone because it’s like a white glitter so you can put it over anything and it will jazz it up. When it catches the light it looks amazing and it’s such a quick way to make your makeup look more festive. Only sad thing is, you can’t buy it in Ireland, so if you’re lucky enough to get to any MAC pro store, you can get it there.


No comments:

Post a Comment