Monday 16 March 2015

I can't cope........ No actually i can.

This blog post is going to be slightly different because it's regarding an issue that's quite close to my heart.

I don't know how many times a day i say 'I can't cope' or send and 'ugh' to my boyfriend in a text message and quite frankly , it's getting exhausting.

Mental health used to be a taboo kind of a topic but the more i'm learning about it , the more i realise how many people are suffering with anxiety and depression and overall are just stressed. Don't get me wrong i love a moan , (don't we all) but i'm slowly realising how much it's draining me.

Speaking from a personal note, i find myself being negative quite a lot and over the most silly things like my inability to get into an exercise habit or not having time to do my college work, having to work on Sundays (absolute pet hate) and not getting to spend time with my favourite people more.


Now the easy way to react to this is to play the pity party, feel sorry for yourself , moan , eat , watch the most random crap on Netflix, sit on your bed while you torture yourself looking at how ''Everybody's life is easier and more fun than yours", well the truth is that it's not , and looking through everybody's Instagram pictures of their perfect lives is not what it seems.





Instagram , Facebook , Tumblr are THE WORST things to look at when you're feeling down about yourself, you end up on some random Victorias Secret models page and you're looking at pictures of their lives and comparing it to yours. Not to mention the people you know but only from Instagram, we all do it and i'll be the first to put my hand up and say i've definitely wasted precious time comparing myself to other girls i see on Instagram who are most probably doing the same thing. It's a vicious circle, it's unrealistic and it is certainly not good for you.

So as of right now i've decided to put a stop to it. Thinking negative thoughts attracts negative attention therefore thinking positively must attract positive attention right?

I'm going to try my upmost best to make the  best of my day because , without sounding like a cheeseball, i don't know what will happen tomorrow and being a a moany negative hun certainly isn't doing me any favours.


To put it bluntly , Shit happens but it's how we deal with it that makes us who we are so if you're feeling down or stressed and it's affecting you to the point of eating your fourth Chinese of the week , talk to somebody, go for a light jog (or a walk if you're me ), listen to your favourite song and do not let it control your life because nobody likes a whiner.  :) X



No comments:

Post a Comment